The Recreation Ground is on the north side of the village just behind The Black Horse pub. The main entrance along with the car park is also behind the pub accessed from the Charing Road.
In 1928 Pluckley Parish Council purchased the recreation ground from the Dering Estate for £250. The ground has a children’s play area with swings, slide and climbing frame, one tennis court, one multi-games court, a cricket pitch, a petanque area and a school football pitch. A free car park is available.
The play area is constantly refurbished from funds raised in the community and by successful applications to grant funding agencies. Following the wish expressed in the Parish Plan for improvements, the Parish Council has installed a new play area.
The play areas are checked weekly and RoSPA make an annual inspection. All items with a ‘high risk’ factor are dealt with as soon as possible