Imminent Road Closures – Pluckley and Surrounding Areas
- KCC has issued a notice confirming that Lambden Road will be closed on Tuesday 29th August. This is to carry out some much-needed repair work to various potholes. The Parish Council has been lobbying KCC for some time now to get this road improved. Thank you for your patience on that day.
- Temporary Road Closures – Egerton Road & Charing Heath Road, Charing – from 24 July 2017
Phased closures of sections of Egerton Road and Charing Heath Road, Charing, near Ashford are planned from Monday 24th July 2017, with estimated completion by 3 September 2017.
Egerton Road and Charing Heath Road will be closed in sections working eastwards from the junction with Tile Lodge Road towards Pluckley Road, as notified to local residents and signposted on site.
The alternative route for through traffic is via Tile Lodge Road, Charing Heath Road, A20 Maidstone Road and Pluckley Road.
Access to the remainder of Egerton Road and Charing Heath Road will continue from either direction up to where the road is actually closed at any time, but there will be no through access during these works. Access for residents will be maintained whenever it is safe to do so, but there are likely to be delays and certain times when this is not possible for safety reasons. The timing of the phases depends on weather and ground conditions.
The closures are to enable UK Power Networks to carry out works to upgrade electricity cabling and install a new substation. ~ Whilst Egerton Road is closed, works to provide a new water supply also being carried out, to avoid the need for separate closures ~
Due to the nature of these works, it will not be possible to re-open the road outside the working hours.
The works have been timed to be carried out during the school holidays, to reduce their impact
- OMENDEN LANE, SMARDEN – closed between Bethersden Road, and Pook Lane. Closure Thursday 24 August 2017 for 2 days. Alternative route via Bethersden Lane, Luckhurst Lane, Pook Lane and vice versa. Closures are within the times 7.00 am to 7.00 pm each day
- LAMBDEN ROAD, PLUCKLEY – closed between Smarden Road and Station Road. Closure Tuesday 29 August 2017. Alternative route via Smarden Road, Cheesemans Green Road and Station Road. Closures are within the times 7.00 am to 7.00 pm each day
- Temporary Closure – Link Hill Lane, Egerton, Ashford – 3 July 2017 – 2 weeks.
It will be necessary to close part of Link Hill Lane, Egerton, near Ashford, from Monday 3rd July 2017 for an estimated period of up to 2 weeks. Access to the remainder of Link Hill Lane continues from a western direction up to where the road is closed, but there will be no through access. The alternative route for through traffic is via Egerton House Road and Crocken Hill Road. The closure is to enable UK Power Networks / Kent County Council to carry out works to provide a new electricity supply. Due to the nature of these works, it will not be possible to re-open the road outside the working hours.
- Leacon Lane, Charing – 4th July 2017
It will be necessary to close Leacon Lane, Charing from 4th July 2017 for up to 4 days. The road will be closed between the junctions of Ashford Road and Pluckley Road. The alternative route is via Ashford Road, Station Road, Pluckley Road and vice versa. It is planned that the road will be closed between 07:30 hrs and 17:00 hrs. The closure is necessary to enable urgent carriageway repairs to be carried out by Kent County Council. This Notice applies when the relevant signs and barriers are on site, and is valid for a period of no more than 5 days.
For a full list of road closures click here.
KCC Highways Twitter feed – @kenthighways
Kent Traffic Information – http://www.kenttraffic.info/